There’s no shortage of options for digital tools today.
Here’s a (maybe pretty obvious) secret: the most successful digital agencies aren’t using every tool out there. They’re ultra selective about the software they introduce into their workflows because they know the wrong tools — or too many tools — can interrupt the good work their team produces.
At the end of the day, it’s not which tool you choose. It’s how you use the tools in your toolbelt that makes the real difference.
The right software for your agency should make your team members’ lives easier and boost their effectiveness in the workplace. If you’ve been looking for a new digital tool to introduce at your agency, keep reading below for some options to consider.
Project management & organization tools
- Notion — flexible task scheduling, file management, note taking, and more
- Airtable — collaborative databases for planning and organizing
- Basecamp — manage projects, work with clients, and plan resources
- Asana — manage and organize workflows and projects
- Trello — organize projects, create checklists, and track tasks
The only way that meaningful work gets done is when everyone involved is aiming for a common goal. Project management tools are priceless for keeping the work organized and moving forward.
Communication & scheduling tools
- Slack — instant messaging for teams
- Loom — video messaging for the workplace
- Calendly — scheduling platform for booking meetings
If organization is one cornerstone of doing great work, then communication is the other. These tools make it easier to collaborate and get the right information to the right people at the right time.
- Canva — easy, online graphic design tools and ready-made templates
- Figma — a design platform for highly customizable and flexible digital creations
- Adobe — a suite of powerful creative tools for illustration, photography, graphic design, video, print layouts, and more
Whether you’re working with templates or creating fully custom designs, these options offer you the tools needed to produce beautiful and impactful creative assets.
Workflow & ease-of-life tools
- Zapier — workflow automation
- Workify — white-labeled service fulfillment and dashboards
- Todoist — to-do lists and task management
Get more out of each workday by streamlining your processes and outsourcing the work when you can. These tools can help you make the most of your time.
- Grammarly — typing assistant for error-free writing
- Hemingway Editor — writing analyzer for improved content
- Content Snare — content and document collection for easier client collaboration
Quality content is a key part of having success while doing business online. Use these tools for faster content creation and assembly.
- HubSpot — all-in-one marketing software suite
- Unbounce — landing page builder and optimizer
- CoSchedule — marketing work management
Manage your campaigns with ease so you can reach a wider audience. These marketing tools take the headache out of executing cross-channel promotions.
Social media tools
- Agorapulse — social media scheduling, reporting, and inbox management
- Sprout Social — social media scheduling, listening, analytics, and inbox management
- Later — social media scheduling, reporting, and conversation management
- Buffer — social media scheduling, analytics, engagement, and landing page creation
- Hootsuite — social media scheduling, monitoring, advertising, reporting, and inbox management
- Social Mention — social media search engine for user-generated content
As with many marketing tools, there’s an abundance of options for social media management platforms. These tools help you automate the work and analyze trends so you can engage more effectively online.
Email marketing tools
- Mailchimp — email marketing and automation platform
- Drip — marketing automation for ecommerce
- Constant Contact — email marketing and online campaigns
- Campaign Monitor — email marketing campaigns
- ActiveCampaign — email marketing and automation
Email marketing is still alive and well today, and these tools will help you take advantage of this incredibly effective method for reaching an audience.
SEO & analytics tools
- Ahrefs — comprehensive SEO software suite
- Moz — all-in-one suite of SEO tools
- Semrush — online visibility management platform
- Google Analytics — web analytics and advertising ROI measurement tools
- Google Search Console — tools for measuring website traffic and performance
Leverage your brand’s data to fix existing errors and find new opportunities. These platforms give you the tools needed to understand and increase your visibility online.
- Hunter — a tool for finding professional email addresses online
- Salesforce — leading customer relationship management software
- Close — comprehensive customer relationship management tools
- Clearbit — data activation platform for marketing intelligence
The best sales tools increase productivity, personability, and profitability. With that boost, your team can streamline the pipeline and close more deals.
Audience insights & feedback tools
- Typeform — people-friendly forms and surveys
- SurveyMonkey — easy-to-use survey tools
- Hotjar — website heatmaps and behavior analytics tools
- FullStory — digital experience analytics
- Google Trends — analyze popular search queries
Get feedback when it matters most. These tools will help you gather insights from your audience at key moments throughout the customer journey.
Want more tips to set your agency up for sustainable growth? Sign up for our email list below for regular tips and insights sent right to your inbox.